The Constant Changing Conditions From The Constant Changing Winter Of 2018

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Laurie Ann Hogan 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Author

Laurie Ann Hogan
    Participant

Five days a week I enjoy venturing out into the woods to photograph and video tape the landscape and wildlife that exists in the woods. I go there when there has been flooding from constant raining or from the melting snows. This winter there has been a mix bag of frigid temps and periods of warmer temps so there has periods of snow but also when the temperature have been warmer it will melt the snow and there has,also, been plenty of rain lately. This has caused flooding and muddy conditions out in the field but that doesn’t hinder my outings I still get out there and photograph and video tape. I just have to find other ways to hike around in the area.

Laurie Ann Hogan
      Participant

After the snow has melted or the heavy rainfalls, the woods becomes a slushy mess for hiking. The mud can be so deep that once you step into it its hard to pull the boot out of it. There have been many times that I would have to really pull my boots out of the mud because they would become embedded in the thick deep mud. It can,also, become very slippery which causes me to slide all over the woods. I have fallen many of times from the slippery, muddy surface of the woods while trying to photograph or video tape the landscape or wildlife. I enjoy hiking there so much that the weather conditions doesn’t stop me from enjoying my time in the woods.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.