$50 Cashprize Wildlife Photography Contest – Ending 1/23/18

This topic contains 35 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  NatureGraphy 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

• Author

Mary Madden
    Participant

This playful cross fox pair played around in the field among the fall colors in the interior of British Columbia.

Norman J Nichols
    Participant

Playing hide and seek with a Great Egret Ardea alba

This pairland in a field of water in village area of Amravati Maharashtra, India(444606)

Matt Blankenship
    Participant

American avocets at the Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch, Gilbert, Arizona.  The birds trust the people which allows us to get some close up shots, even of their young.  American avocets - When I grow up...

Diana Shang
      Participant

Honeyeater, Terrey Hills, New South Wales, Australia

Jenny Hanna
        Participant

White ibis profile

Tanya Narayan
          Participant

Digital India across species

Fran Martine
            Participant

Peregrine Falcon along TPeregrine Falconhe Hudson River in New Jersey.

Shazz Hooper
            Participant

‘Make sure you get my good side’

Great Northern Diver, Location: Poole, Dorset UK.

This Great Northern Diver aka The Common Loon is Currently visiting my local park lake in Poole.  It is a regular Winter visitor to our UK coastlines but very unusual to see one in a model boating lake! Great Northern Diver

Shannon Starkel
              Participant

Backyard Bonding

Jenn Hicks
                Participant

Red Dragonfly

Kathrine Burgsma
                  Participant

Peregrine Falcon with prey

Banded female Peregrine Falcon with a kill.

Black Skimmer“Your not going ANY WHERE!!!”
                    This is how the Black Skimmer brings a wandering chick back to the nest. Black Skimmers live in large colonies and it is dangerous for a chick to wander into another’s nesting area.
                    Black Skimmer
                    Lido Beach, Sarasota Florida

Red foxRed Fox Portrait

Ross Knowlton
                    Participant

Two Beavers groom each other at sunset. This was taken on 12/6/17 in northern Maine. I was laying on the ground, hiding behind a large branch that the Beavers had brought back to their lodge, and had my camera laying on the ice covered pond for an eye-level perspective. I knew where the Beavers would come up to groom, but wasn’t expecting two to come up at the same time. Thankfully, it wasn’t too dark yet and I was able to get at least one photo without motion blur. I’ve seen this behavior a few times already, but this was the first time I was able to photograph it.Two Beavers groom each other at sunset. This was taken on 12/6/17 in northern Maine. I was laying on the ground, hiding behind a large branch that the Beavers had brought back to their lodge, and had my camera laying on the ice covered pond for an eye-level perspective. I knew where the Beavers would come up to groom, but wasn't expecting two to come up at the same time. Thankfully, it wasn't too dark yet and I was able to get at least one photo without motion blur. I've seen this behavior a few times already, but this was the first time I was able to photograph it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘$50 Cashprize Wildlife Photography Contest – Ending 1/23/18’ is closed to new replies.