$200 Nature Photography Contest (Share Your Best Nature Photo)

This topic contains 43 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  NatureGraphy 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

• Author

Kevin Esterline
    Participant

American Bald Eagle. Stockton Lake, Stockton, Missouri

Debjani Das
      Participant

|| THE BIRD IN MY STORY ||

Master of his own destiny and blessed with the enviable gift of flight – AMERICAN KESTREL (male)
        It was a fine afternoon when I saw this Kestrel from a distance perched on an unusually small tree probably in search of potential meadow voles for his meal. Usually as everyone knows that these little raptors are by far the hardest raptor in flight and bursts away in the most unpredictable flight pattern giving no hint of their take off if they see one approaching in their direction. Fortunately, I was at the right time near him while he was perched so that I could compose myself and take a portrait of him while he swayed on this slender branch.
        Hand held and cropped, take in Manual Mode with Canon 80D with Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L lens.
        1/1250, f/5.6, ISO 125

Linda Stacey
        Participant

“Dont Touch my Salmon” Black Bear catching Pink Salmon in the Qinsam River every fall the bears come to the Local rivers to hunt for Wild Salmon. I had 30 seconds to get this image i was hoping to get this image before he ate the Pink Salmon it worked out ok and the Bear ran off to eat his Wild Pink Salmon. Campbell River Vancouver Island British Columbia.

Great Horn Owl and Owlets
          Cape Coral, Florida
          YUM, YUM…COME GET’CHA SOME!!!
          It was getting late and the light was failing. Both owlets were on the branch waiting for dinner. I kicked up the ISO on my camera and hoped for the best. Mom arrived with a rat a few moments later and the look of anticipation on both owlets faces was priceless!!! So worth the wait for me – and especially for the owlets!

Nick Kerosky
          Participant

Purple-throated Carib, Soufriere, St Lucia

Laura Knechtel
            Participant

Cormorant…he was trying to steal our fish as we reeled them in! Naples, Florida.

Pawel
            Participant

On my way from Glencoe to Loch Etive I spotted a lot of Red Deer around the roads I never thought I am going to photograph them as I don’t have proper zoom lens in my bag.
              Well, it wasn’t necessary to have it. When we stopped the van I slowely opened the door and started moving closer to it. I had only 16-35 F4 lens mounted but I was able to approach dear within 3 meters. Everything looked perfect, as he was just seating there lazy and calm with beautiful scenery in the background. It was like he ruled this place and wasn’t affraid of anybody and anything. I bowed then in front of him to pay him respect and took this photo. :)
              https://m.facebook.com/pawelzygmuntphotography/?ref=bookmarks
              Glen Etive, Scotland, UK

Jerry
              Participant

Crystal Orbs & Burgundy Satin, Tyter, Texas USA

Dayle Grimsley
                Participant

Juvenile Bald Eagle – Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park – Homosassa Springs, Florida

Morgan
                  Participant

Just some butterflies in Michigan making up a interesting composition. Shot on a Canon 60D.

Megan Saluga
                    Participant

Morning in the Adirondacks
                      Speculator, NY

Kari Schmidt-Swan
                      Participant

Behind frozen waterfall Turkey Run State Park Indiana 2/3/2018

Tina Demarco
                        Participant

Milkweed seeds in Pompano Beach FL

Jamie Taylor
                          Participant

When eagle’s fly image taken in North Rustico Prince Edward Island Canada

Dianne Walters
                            Participant

This Image was Taken at Reed Bingham State Park, Adel, Georgia Feb 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘$200 Nature Photography Contest (Share Your Best Nature Photo)’ is closed to new replies.