$200 Nature Photography Contest (Share Your Best Nature Photo)

$200 Nature Photography Contest (Share Your Best Nature Photo)

This topic contains 43 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  NatureGraphy 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

• Author

NatureGraphy
    Keymaster

Enter this nature photography contest by sharing your best nature photo (wildlife, landscape, flower, sky etc…) for your chance at winning $200 USD.

1. First register on this site to be able to submit your photo: https://naturegraphy.com/register

2. Submit one photo as a reply to this post with the subject name and location in the text box below. *(Photos without a Subject Name and Location will be disqualified)

3. Get your friends and fans to vote for you, using the vote-up arrow above your photo submission.

4. The photo with the most votes on April 22nd, 2018 will win $200 (Payable through PayPal), also the 1st place community badge and a publication by NatureGraphy.

Share this page after submitting your photo below, and ask your nature-loving friends and followers to vote for you.

Note: A minimum of 50 participants is required. If the participation threshold is not reached by April 22nd, 2018, this contest will be cancelled.

In the case of a tie, the NatureGraphy Team will choose one of the tied participates as the winner, based on our contest guidelines: https://naturegraphy.com/contest-guidelines/

Any attempt at fraudulent activity will be automatic grounds for disqualification.

Need help?
    Q&A Support for the $200 Nature Photography Contest: https://naturegraphy.com/forums/topic/qa-support-for-the-200-nature-photography-contest/

Good Luck!
    Team NatureGraphy

Anita
    Participant

Kruger National Park, South-Africa.
    African Elephant
    15-02-2018
    The Ultimate storm of a giant.

Cindy Vasko
    Participant

The Night Shift is a Killer!

Nature’s Reflections. Banff, Alberta, Canada.

Mary Madden
    Participant

Breakfast Is Served, Great Gray Owls, Interior British Columbia

Ross Knowlton
    Participant

Bonding Beavers, northern Maine

Carrie Secovich
    Participant

Snowy Owl in the Dunes, Salisbury Beach State Reservation, Salisbury, MA, 12/3/17
    http://www.facebook.com/CSecovichPhotography

Whenever I see a Snowy Owl, it takes my breath away. It always nice to spot them in a natural setting such as this sand dune. There are plenty of voles for them to eat and they are high enough to keep watch on the ocean nearby for other food sources. Snowy Owls are one of my favorite visitors from the Arctic and I look forward to their arrival each season.

Colin Gilyeat
    Participant

Love is in the Air
      Great Blue Herons
      Viera Wetlands, Melbourne, FL

Aaron Hamilton
      Participant

Northern Emerald-Toucanet
        Monteverde, Costa Rica

Adrien Le Falher
        Participant

Maligcong, Philippines
          The Last Picture I Will Take

You know how sometimes it seems like you’re about to give everything you have to take that ONE shot? Well, this is mine.

I was lucky enough to be in the Philippines then, and after some research I found this area north of Manila, up in the mountains, with 2000+ year old rice terraces. There was an issue though: it’s not really a touristic area, so there was no easy way to go there. 3 days of local buses, and a day of walking on the edge of mountains with our enormous bagpacks later, we finally arrive at this tiny village (4 houses, really) a few kilometers from the top of the mountains. It didn’t even look like much then, just a regular mountain with a few tress: the fabled rice terasses were on the other side of the mountains.

We find a lovely family, who agreed to take us in their home. We have our plan for the following day: we’d wake up around 3am and hike for about 2 hours in the dark to get at the top of the mountain right before sunrise. It was risky though, as the night was very cloudy. Maybe we wouldn’t see a thing, and it would have been all for nothing.

We eat this delicious dinner prepared by the family, and go to bed very early. But then… I get sick, sick like I’ve never been sick before. (Sorry this is graphic) I vomit all night long, spending the few hours we had to rest in the bathroom, feeling like I’m literally emptying myself, throwing all I have inside me. My wife wakes up, sees me like this. I tell her to go without me, feeling way too weak. While she prepares, I think of the ordeal it was to get there, and how sorry I would be not to see the rice terasses. I finally manage to get up and take my things.

We then hike up the forest, and my legs tremble. I stop several times, feeling dazy and so close to faint. Finally, we arrive at the top, a bit later than we calculated. And then… we don’t see anything. We’re inside the clouds, like a very thick fog, and we can’t see more than a a few trees forward. I sit down, exhausted, close my eyes. But then I feel a familiar warmth on my face. I open my eyes, and for a moment the sky opens up, and we can finally see below, the rice terasses glowing, golden from the morning sun. I shoot like crazy (I think we all know this sensation), feeling so tired, like this was the last picture I will ever take. Happy, I lay on the ground, and immediately fall asleep. My wife wakes me up after an hour, and we get back.

I spent the whole day inside trying to get better. Finally, I manage to eat something, and we leave for another adventure. This was epic, and when I see the picture, I remember all this… and how it was worth it.

Also, I’m not sure if it’s allowed, but I shot it as a panorama, and if you wish to see it in really big and zoom in, here is a link: https://adrienlefalher.prodibi.com/a/4w0ek474yoo9wq/i/kl71xr0vv55lv4

Can you count how many people are working on the terraces? :D I see 3!

Norman J Nichols
          Participant

One of my favorite places to be in the winter time the central California coast

Fran Martine
          Participant

Going In For The Catch, Bald Eagle Sullivan County, NY

Cheryl Miller
          Participant

Snowy Owl. Hazleton, Pa. USA. Canon 60D 400mm lens. Cropped. I shot this pic from my car. The owl has a rabbit between it’s feet. NOT baited. NOT chased. It showed up one day and I lucky enough to have a friend who was there ,and sent me a text. I raced to the scene and the bird was still at the location. I consider myself very fortunate to have had the opportunity to shoot this beautiful, female Snowy. Taken Feb, 2018.

David Lipsy
            Participant

‘A Shot Thru Trees’

Please view full-sized for best details and feel free to share.

I pulled into a parking lot by the Merrimack River in Hooksett, NH looking for Eagles in the trees and ducks in the water. I was nearing the end with no luck sighted, when just over a snowbank, I spotted a BAEA that was quite close… I’d say 30-40 feet. Unfortunately it was almost totally concealed by the many trees between us. I backed up… moved forward… then back again… until I found a clear shot thru the tree branches of the birds head.

I would like to mention that in Photoshop I removed a branch that was too close to the birds head as I found it distracting to the viewer.

Bald Eagle (BAEA)
              By the Merrimack River – Hooksett, NH 02-08-18

Canon EOS 7D Mark II, EF500mm f/4L IS USM
              ISO 400, f/8.0, 1/3200th Sec., (EFL) 800mm
              Hand held. Cropped for Composition.
              Manual Mode, Partial Metering, Auto White Balance
              Edit Flow: Selected and previewed in Adobe Bridge, Adobe Camera Raw with final editing in Photoshop.

Bruce Faanes
              Participant

Alaskan Beach bear at low tide with her eyes on the prize of Silver Salmon trying to swim in low water with their backs out of the water.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘$200 Nature Photography Contest (Share Your Best Nature Photo)’ is closed to new replies.