Editor's Choice: Creativity & Beautiful Whites
VIEW PUBLICATION
Editor's Choice: Man O' War, Rhino & Deer Caught Our Attention This Week
VIEW PUBLICATION
Our Wildlife Photography Contest Winners on (1/23/18-2/13/18) are...
VIEW PUBLICATION
Great Grey Owl by Stuart A. McKay (Best Photo of the Week) Ending 11/5/17
VIEW PUBLICATIONVIEW PUBLICATION

Reply To: $50 Cashprize Wildlife Photography Contest – Ending 1/23/18

Ross Knowlton
Participant

Two Beavers groom each other at sunset. This was taken on 12/6/17 in northern Maine. I was laying on the ground, hiding behind a large branch that the Beavers had brought back to their lodge, and had my camera laying on the ice covered pond for an eye-level perspective. I knew where the Beavers would come up to groom, but wasn’t expecting two to come up at the same time. Thankfully, it wasn’t too dark yet and I was able to get at least one photo without motion blur. I’ve seen this behavior a few times already, but this was the first time I was able to photograph it.Two Beavers groom each other at sunset. This was taken on 12/6/17 in northern Maine. I was laying on the ground, hiding behind a large branch that the Beavers had brought back to their lodge, and had my camera laying on the ice covered pond for an eye-level perspective. I knew where the Beavers would come up to groom, but wasn't expecting two to come up at the same time. Thankfully, it wasn't too dark yet and I was able to get at least one photo without motion blur. I've seen this behavior a few times already, but this was the first time I was able to photograph it.